PLEASE NOTE: Effective July 1, 2013, the City of North Olmsted permit fees have been raised. This is the first increase in ten years. Please consider permit fees in all project planning.
The City of North Olmsted Building Division is responsible for the enforcement of the various building codes and ordinances relating to the construction, alteration, repair, or addition to, and demolition of structures; registration and licensing of contractors; registration and licensing of apartment buildings and one, two, and three family rental properties; as well as inspection of exterior structures and related grounds for the purposes of enforcing property maintenance codes.
The Building Division seeks to use experience and knowledge gained to render consistent, fair, effective enforcement of the building and zoning codes while maintaining a positive, courteous, helpful and professional demeanor in order to provide the residents and visitors of the City of North Olmsted with relatively safe, hazard free, structurally sound buildings and properties for their use and enjoyment.Code Enforcement Requirements
- Building Code: 2011 Ohio Building Code with amendments (IBC 06)
- Residential Code: 2013 Residential Code of Ohio
- Property Maintenance Code: 2009 Internaitonal Property Maintenance Code
- Mechanical Code: 2011 Ohio Mechanical Code (IMC 06)
- Electrical Code: 2011 National Electric Code (NFPA 72)
- Energy Conservation Code: 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
- Plumbing Code: 2011 Ohio Plumbing Code (IPC 06)
- Accessibility: 2010 ADA Standards for Acessible Design (ICC/ANSI A117.1-09 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities)
- Fire Code: 2011 Ohio Fire Code (IFC 09)
- Gas Code: 2009 International Gas Code
- 2009 International Code Extendex Files (Extended indexes to the International Building Code and the International Fire Code)