I feel that I have been discriminated against, what should I do? 
If you feel that you may have been discriminated against, please follow this link for a copy of the Fair Housing Complaint Form or visit City Hall to obtain a Fair Housing Complaint Form. After you have filled out and signed the form, you may bring it to City Hall, fax it to (440) 716-0341, email it to fairhousing@north-olmsted or mail it to Fair Housing Administrator, Law Department, 5200 Dover Center Road, North Olmsted, OH 44070.

Once a complaint is filed, an investigation will be conducted to determine if evidence exists in support of the claim and whether that evidence makes it probable that discrimination occurred.  If the investigation determines that it is probable that discrimination occurred, a hearing will be held before the Fair Housing Review Board. Either party may elect to litigate the complaint in state or federal court rather than have the Fair Housing Review Board conduct a hearing of the complaint.

Who should I contact if I still have questions?

If you still have questions please contact Carole Heyward, Assistant Director of Law and Fair Housing Administrator at 440-716-4261.

Where can I find more information?