NORTH OLMSTED FIRE DEPARTMENT A Welcome Message from the Chief...
On behalf of the firefighters and staff, welcome to the webpage for the City of North Olmsted Fire Department. The members of the North Olmsted Fire Department take great pride in providing first-class fire, EMS, and rescue services. We are committed to continually provide our citizens with professional emergency care at their time of need.
The North Olmsted Fire Department provides high quality fire suppression, emergency medical, and fire prevention services and programs to our community of 34,000 residents. The members continually improve their skills though an emphasis on training and education. We strive for superior customer service through our dedication to the community and a positive approach in every aspect of our profession. We provide emergency management and risk mitigation through 41 highly trained, experienced, and caring individuals.
Whatever the community needs are, the North Olmsted Fire Department stands ready to "answer the call" and respond to the needs of our citizens and visitors. I hope this site provides the required information whether you are seeking contact information or browsing to learn more about the fire department. We look forward to providing you with the services needed to safe guard your home and family.
Edward M. Schepp EFO, MSL, Fire Chief
Our Guiding Principals
- Encourage innovation and change
- Recognize that people are our most important asset
- Value the special trust and confidence that our citizens place in us
- Protect lives and reduce fire loss
- Accomplish our objective through teamwork and training
- Continually focus on improving communication and leadership
- Ensure all personnel have the opportunity to advance, develop, and grow personally and professionally
- Recognize achievement
We Are Committed to:
- Fostering an atmosphere of teamwork and personal excellence
- Ensuring a quality learning environment for all personnel and visitors
- Making decisions based on facts and knowledge
- Embracing quality improvement as a way of life
- Reducing fire loss, death, and injuries through education and training of the Citizens of North Olmsted
- Conducting our affairs with integrity and moral courage, ever mindful of our ethical responsibility to our fellow fire fighters, our families, the Fire Department, and the Citizens of North Olmsted
April is 9-1-1 Awareness Month, and Cuyahoga Emergency Communications system and Cuyahoga County Office of Emergency Management encourages residents to review the proper use of the emergency 9-1-1.
HOW TO BECOME A FIREFIGHTER
Ohio Fire, Safety and Public Service Resource- FireScience.org, an organization dedicated to providing career and education information for the Fire Science community. For information: http://www.firescience.org/fire-science-degrees-and-programs/ohio/
WARNING: SMOKE DETECTOR RECALL
The following products, ESL and Interlogix brand 400/500 series smoke detectors, have been recalled due to a failure of not alerting occupants in the event of a fire. For more information, please go to:
Station #1 Station #2