To ensure your garbage and recycle materials are collected please place your containers at the curb by 7:00 AM
Garbage and recycle materials will be picked up on the same day each week EXCEPT when a holiday falls on or before your regular pick-up day. Your garbage and recycle materials will be collected ONE DAY LATE.
Republic Services shall provide, upon request, a 95 gallon blue refuse cart.The permitted use for this cart will be:
- Food waste- drained, wrapped, & placed in a plastic bag.
- Other Trash- juice boxes, paper containers, waste paper, etc.
- Sharp items- broken glass, syringes, etc.
- Items are to be placed in a puncture proof container prior to placing in trash cart.
- No other cart will be permitted for these purposes.
- Do not jam or overstuff carts
- Not permitted at the curb : large car parts, tires, batteries, etc.
Republic Services shall provide, upon request, a 65 gallon green refuse cart for recyclable materials. The permitted use for this cart will be:
- Cardboard boxes, newspapers, junk mail, magazine, cereal boxes, glass bottles & jars, aluminum, & steel cans
- Number 1 through 7 plastics
- Rise & crush aluminum cans, rinse steel cans, rinse & remove lids on plastic, & remove neck rings & crush
- Do not jam items or overstuff carts
- Place recycled items loose in recycling cart
Items NOT permitted for recycle collections:
- window glass
- light bulbs
- drinking glasses
- mirrors or ceramics
- plastic containers that are contaminated; motor oil, antifreeze, pesticides & herbicides and those with food.
- Place above items and empty containers in trash container
BULK WASTE COLLECTION
2015 SCHEDULED DELAYED PICK UP ONLY- Collections will be delayed by ONE day
- Thursday January 1st- Collection will be Friday January 2nd
- Wednesday May 27th- Collection will be Thursday May 28th
- Thursday May 28th- Collection will be Friday May 29th
- Wednesday September 2nd- Collection will be Thursday September 3rd
- Thursday September 3rd- Collection will be Friday September 4th
- Thursday November 26th- Collection will be Friday November 27th
Collection on Thursday December 24th will run as scheduled.
Bulk waste includes oversized items such as home furnishings, mattresses and box springs, carpet, appliances, and other household items too large to fit in your refuse container. Bulk waste pick-up schedule is the first full week of the month with the first day starts on a Monday. Please see the highlighted (yellow) calendar above. Dates highlighted in RED are delayed due to the holiday.
Items permitted at the curb for bulk waste:
- Household furniture
- Carpeting-tied & rolled into 4' lengths
- Tables, swing sets, and television sets, etc.
- Washers & dryers with doors removed
- 3-32 gallon cans or 6 bags of trash
- Toilets; separate tank from bowl
Not permitted at the curb : large car parts, tires, batteries, etc.
Contractors are responsible for removal of building materials & debris; theses items will NOT be pick-up during bulk week.
Republic Services offers special pickups at a cost to the home owner. For arrangements call Republic Services at 800-433-1309. Republic Services offers dumpster and containers rentals for the collection and disposal of large quantities of bulk items.
2015 YARD WASTE COLLECTION
April 13th through November 27th on regular scheduled pickup day ONLY
- Republic Services will pick up yard waste April 13th through November 27th
- All grass clippings & other yard waste should be placed in brown paper yard bags or a can clearly marked YARD WASTE not to exceed 50 pounds
- Brush & small tree trimmings must be cut, bundled & securely tied not exceeding 4 feet in length or 50 pounds
- Christmas trees will be collected the 1st & 2nd full weeks of January
- Grass Clippings & other yard waste may be placed in trash cart & will be collected with the rubbish materials
- Landscapers & tree services are responsible for removal of any yard waste they generate while working at a residence.
If you have garbage or recycle collection, bulk pickup, and/or yard waste collection questions please call Republic Waste Services at 800-433-1309 or residents may call the North Olmsted Service Department at 440-716-4151.