To ensure your garbage and recycle materials are collected please place your containers at the curb by 7:00 AM
Garbage and recycle materials will be picked up on the same day each week EXCEPT when a holiday falls on or before your regular pick-up day. Your garbage and recycle materials will be collected ONE DAY LATE.
Republic Services shall provide, upon request, a 95 gallon blue refuse cart.The permitted use for this cart will be:
- Food waste- drained, wrapped, & placed in a plastic bag.
- Other Trash- juice boxes, paper containers, waste paper, etc.
- Sharp items- broken glass, syringes, etc.
- Items are to be placed in a puncture proof container prior to placing in trash cart.
- No other cart will be permitted for these purposes.
- Do not jam or overstuff carts
- Not permitted at the curb : large car parts, tires, batteries, etc.
Republic Services shall provide, upon request, a 65 gallon green refuse cart for recyclable materials. The permitted use for this cart will be:
- Cardboard boxes, newspapers, junk mail, magazine, cereal boxes, glass bottles & jars, aluminum, & steel cans
- Number 1 through 7 plastics
- Rise & crush aluminum cans, rinse steel cans, rinse & remove lids on plastic, & remove neck rings & crush
- Do not jam items or overstuff carts
- Place recycled items loose in recycling cart
Items NOT permitted for recycle collections:
- window glass
- light bulbs
- drinking glasses
- mirrors or ceramics
- plastic containers that are contaminated; motor oil, antifreeze, pesticides & herbicides and those with food.
- Place above items and empty containers in trash container
BULK WASTE COLLECTION
2015 Scheduled Bulk Collection Week
- Week of January 5th
- Week of February 2nd
- Week of March 2nd
- Week of April 6th
- Week of May 4th
- Week of June 1st
- Week of July 6th
- Week of August 3rd
- Week of September 7th
- Week of October 5th
- Week of November 2nd
- Week of December 7th
Bulk waste includes oversized items such as home furnishings, mattresses and box springs, carpet, appliances, and other household items too large to fit in your refuse container. Bulk waste pick-up schedule is the first full week of the month with the first day starts on a Monday.
Items permitted at the curb for bulk waste:
- Household furniture
- Carpeting-tied & rolled into 4' lengths
- Tables, swing sets, and television sets, etc.
- Washers & dryers with doors removed
- 3-32 gallon cans or 6 bags of trash
- Toilets; separate tank from bowl
Not permitted at the curb : large car parts, tires, batteries, etc.
Contractors are responsible for removal of building materials & debris; theses items will NOT be pick-up during bulk week.
Republic Services offers special pickups at a cost to the home owner. For arrangements call Republic Services at 800-433-1309. Republic Services offers dumpster and containers rentals for the collection and disposal of large quantities of bulk items.
2015 SCHEDULED DELAYED PICK UP ONLY- Collections will be delayed by ONE day
- Thursday January 1st- Collection will be Friday January 2nd
- Wednesday May 27th- Collection will be Thursday May 28th
- Thursday May 28th- Collection will be Friday May 29th
- Wednesday September 9th- Collection will be Thursday September 10th
- Thursday September 10th- Collection will be Friday September 11th
- Thursday November 26th- Collection will be Friday November 27th
Collection on Thursday December 24th will run as scheduled.
SIMPLE RECYCLING PROGRAM
Begins November 18, 2015
Residents can recycle unwanted clothing, shoes, accessories and other household items such as kitchenware, tools, toys, homegoods and books.
Step 1: Place items in Simple Recycling provided bags.
Step 2: Leave the filled bags BESIDE your recycling bin on your regular scheduled trash/recycling pick up day
Step 3: Simple Recycling will pick up and recycle contents for reuse! The driver will leave replenish bag/s that day.
- You can request additional bags by calling Simple Recycling at 866-835-5068
- This program is in addition to your current recycling program and is free of charge to North Olmsted residents.
- For a list of Acceptable and UN-Acceptable items CLICK HERE
SIMPLE RECYCLING CUSTOMER SERVICE: 866-835-5068 or email@example.com
2015 YARD WASTE COLLECTION
April 13th through November 27th on regular scheduled pickup day ONLY
- Republic Services will pick up yard waste April 13th through November 27th
- All grass clippings & other yard waste should be placed in brown paper yard bags or a can clearly marked YARD WASTE not to exceed 50 pounds
- Brush & small tree trimmings must be cut, bundled & securely tied not exceeding 4 feet in length or 50 pounds
- Christmas trees will be collected the 1st & 2nd full weeks of January
- Grass Clippings & other yard waste may be placed in trash cart & will be collected with the rubbish materials
- Landscapers & tree services are responsible for removal of any yard waste they generate while working at a residence.
If you have garbage or recycle collection, bulk pickup, and/or yard waste collection questions please call Republic Waste Services at 800-433-1309 or residents may call the North Olmsted Service Department at 440-716-4151.