To ensure your garbage and recycle materials are collected please place your containers at the curb by 7:00 AM
Garbage and recycle materials will be picked up on the same day each week EXCEPT when a holiday falls on or before your regular pick-up day. Your garbage and recycle materials will be collected ONE DAY LATE.
Republic Services shall provide, upon request, a 95 gallon blue refuse cart.The permitted use for this cart will be:
- Food waste- drained, wrapped, & placed in a plastic bag.
- Other Trash- juice boxes, paper containers, waste paper, etc.
- Sharp items- broken glass, syringes, etc.
- Items are to be placed in a puncture proof container prior to placing in trash cart.
- No other cart will be permitted for these purposes.
- Do not jam or overstuff carts
- Not permitted at the curb : large car parts, tires, batteries, etc.
Republic Services shall provide, upon request, a 65 gallon green refuse cart for recyclable materials. The permitted use for this cart will be:
- Cardboard boxes, newspapers, junk mail, magazine, cereal boxes, glass bottles & jars, aluminum, & steel cans
- Number 1 through 7 plastics
- Rise & crush aluminum cans, rinse steel cans, rinse & remove lids on plastic, & remove neck rings & crush
- Do not jam items or overstuff carts
- Place recycled items loose in recycling cart
Items NOT permitted for recycle collections:
- window glass
- light bulbs
- drinking glasses
- mirrors or ceramics
- plastic containers that are contaminated; motor oil, antifreeze, pesticides & herbicides and those with food.
- Place above items and empty containers in trash container
BULK WASTE COLLECTION 2016 Scheduled Bulk Collection Weeks
- Week of January 4th
- Week of February 1st
- Week of March 7th
- Week of April 4th
- Week of May 2nd
- Week of June 6th
- Week of July 4th
- Week of August 1st
- Week of September 5th
- Week of October 3rd
- Week of November 7th
- Week of December 5th
Bulk waste includes oversized items such as home furnishings, mattresses, box springs, carpet, appliances and other household items too large to fit in your refuse container.
Bulk waste day is the same day as your trash collection and is always during the first FULL week of the month.
Items permitted at the curb for bulk waste:
- Household furniture
- Carpeting-tied & rolled into 4' lengths
- Tables, swing sets, and television sets, etc.
- Washers & dryers with doors removed
- 3-32 gallon cans or 6 bags of trash
- Toilets; separate tank from bowl
Not permitted at the curb : large car parts, tires, batteries, etc.
Contractors are responsible for removal of building materials & debris; theses items will NOT be pick-up during bulk week.
Republic Services offers special pickups at a cost to the home owner. For arrangements call Republic Services at 800-433-1309. Republic Services offers dumpster and containers rentals for the collection and disposal of large quantities of bulk items.
2016 DELAYED PICK UP ONLY SCHEDULE- Collections will be delayed by ONE day during the following weeks:
- Memorial Day, 5/30/16 - Collection delayed one day
- Fourth of July, 7/4/16 - Collection delayed one day
- Labor Day, 9/5/16 - Collection delayed one day
- Thanksgiving Day 11/24/16 - Wednesday normal, Thursday collection day delayed to Friday
- Christmas Day 12/25/16 - Collection delayed one day
SIMPLE RECYCLING PROGRAM
Residents can recycle unwanted clothing, shoes, accessories and other household items such as kitchenware, tools, toys, homegoods and books.
Step 1: Place items in Simple Recycling provided bags.
Step 2: Leave the filled bags BESIDE your recycling bin on your regular scheduled trash/recycling pick up day
Step 3: Simple Recycling will pick up and recycle contents for reuse! The driver will leave replenish bag/s that day.
- You can request additional bags by calling Simple Recycling at 866-835-5068
- This program is in addition to your current recycling program and is free of charge to North Olmsted residents.
- For a list of Acceptable and UN-Acceptable items CLICK HERE
SIMPLE RECYCLING CUSTOMER SERVICE: 866-835-5068 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 YARD WASTE COLLECTION April 11th - December 1st on regular scheduled pickup day ONLY
- Republic Services will pick up yard waste April - November (specific dates TBD)
- All grass clippings & other yard waste should be placed in brown paper yard bags or a can clearly marked YARD WASTE not to exceed 50 pounds
- Brush & small tree trimmings must be cut, bundled & securely tied not exceeding 4 feet in length or 50 pounds
- Christmas trees will be collected the 1st & 2nd full weeks of January
- Grass Clippings & other yard waste may be placed in trash cart & will be collected with the rubbish materials
- Landscapers & tree services are responsible for removal of any yard waste they generate while working at a residence.
If you have garbage or recycle collection, bulk pickup, and/or yard waste collection questions please call Republic Waste Services at 800-433-1309 or residents may call the North Olmsted Service Department at 440-716-4151.