In an effort to improve the appearance of the City of North Olmsted and control costs, the Service Department has made changes to the curbside brush chipping program. Chipping will no longer be made available on demand.
2014 Curbside Brush Chipping Schedule
Brush should be placed on the tree lawn prior to the start date, but not earlier than one week prior to the start of collection.
There will be an initial Citywide Pass the week of April 28 2014.
The citywide pass will take longer than a week we will have more than one crew working.
There will be a Final Citywide Pass the week of September 22, 2014.
1. Brush must be out on tree lawn by the start date for each ward
2. Brush must be piled on the tree lawn in a neat and orderly way with the cut ends pointing the same direction.
3. Keep branches as long as possible. Do not impede the sidewalk or street.
4. If there is a large amount of brush make several piles.
5. Maximum branch diameter eight (8) inches. Wood larger than eight inches will be picked up separately at a later date.
6. Items not chipped: stumps, lumber, and piles of leaves and grass.
7. Keep all foreign material such as metal and Paper out of the brush piles.
8. Brush generated by a professional tree service or landscaper will not be chipped.
9. Republic Service will also collect yard waste between April 15th and November 30th on your regular garbage day separately to compost. All grass clippings and other yard wastes should be placed in brown yard bags or garbage cans clearly marked "YARD WASTE". Cans or bags should not exceed 50 lbs or have anything other than compostable material inside of them.