The North Olmsted Arts Commission is soliciting artwork from local artists to display on a temporary basis at the North Olmsted City Hall. This is an opportunity for artists and art groups to introduce or expand upon the visibility of their artwork through interaction with the local viewing public.
Purpose of the visual arts exhibition spaces
- To provide exhibition space free of charge to local artists, increasing opportunities for both emerging and established artists to exhibit works of art in a public space
- To provide access and exposure to the arts for the residents of North Olmsted
- To enhance public awareness and to promote the visual arts in the City
Artwork suitable to gallery venue
Art will be displayed in City Hall, a building designed to accommodate the general public and where the public is invited to freely visit the exhibition areas unsupervised. Artists are asked to keep in mind that the building may not be a suitable venue for exhibiting all forms of artwork.
No sales policy
The City Hall Art Gallery is an opportunity for the display but not the sale of artwork on City property. However, the selected artist may provide biographical information, studio/gallery information, pricing and other details regarding displayed pieces in take away sheets in a City approved format.
How to apply
Download the application here. Submissions should include a minimum of five images of recent artwork. These images may be submitted as photographs or digital .jpg files. It is recommended that the images reflect recent work and be representative of the intended direction of the art proposed.
Application and Selection Process
Artists awarded exhibitions during this selection will have their work exhibited at City Hall for periods of one to three months. Artists wishing to apply for an exhibit at City Hall must follow the application procedures below; applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. The Arts Commission shall select the artists to be awarded exhibitions and the period of display.
- Interested artists are invited to submit their application to the North Olmsted Arts Commission at the address below.
- Provide with the completed application a minimum of five (5) photographs or .jpg digital images.
- Images must be numbered and correspond to the image list which indicates the sizes, media, and titles of the works.
- Completed applications can be mailed to or dropped off at the location listed below or emailed to James Aspery at firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 440-716-4135 with any questions.
Mail or deliver to:
North Olmsted Arts Commission
ATTN: James Aspery
5200 Dover Center Road
North Olmsted, Ohio 44070