Curbside Garbage and Recycle Collection
Republic Services Customer Service (440) 458-6743
To ensure your garbage and recycling materials are collected:
- Place your containers at the curb after 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday night or before 7:00 a.m. on Thursday morning (see delayed schedule below)
- Do not jam or over stuff carts
- Lids must close to ensure pick up
- One garbage and one recycling container per household
CURBSIDE GARBAGE COLLECTION:
Place food waste and other trash in the provided 95-gallon blue wheeled cart.
- FOOD WASTE: Items should be drained, wrapped and placed in a plastic bag before placing in garbage cart.
- SHARP ITEMS: Items (broken glass, syringes, etc.) must be placed in a puncture proof container prior to placing in garbage cart.
- NOT PERMITTED: Large car parts, tires, batteries, etc. See our Household Hazardous Waste Collection Information.
CURBSIDE RECYCLING COLLECTION:
Combine cans, cartons, glass, paper and boxes plus plastic bottles and jugs LOOSE (not bagged) in the provided 65-gallon green wheeled cart.
Republic Services has added the collection of plastic tubs in our curbside recycling. Click here for details:
Combine ONLY these items in your curbside recycling:
- CANS: Includes all metal food and beverage cans such as pop, beer, soup, vegetable and tuna. Cans should be emptied, rinsed and then recycled.
- CARTONS: Includes milk, juice, soup and broth plus wine cartons. Cartons should be emptied and rinsed. Replace the cap and place in your curbside recycling.
- GLASS: Includes glass food and beverage bottles and jars. Empty, rinse and replace the lid before recycling. You do not need to remove the label.
- PAPER & BOXES: All paper and boxes can be recycled, including newspapers, magazines, junk mail, boxes, greeting cards, cereal boxes, cardboard, phone books and clean pizza boxes. Flatten cardboard items, like cereal boxes, to save space.
- PLASTIC BOTTLES/JUGS/TUBS: Any plastic bottle, jar, jug or tub can be placed in your curbside recycling. Recycle plastic food and beverage bottles, cosmetics and personal products, and laundry detergent and bleach bottles. Containers should be emptied and rinsed. Replace the cap and put in your curbside recycling. The number system on the bottom of your plastics is no longer used to determine what is/is not recyclable.
For more details about recycling, visit the Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District at www.CuyahogaRecycles.org or http://www.cuyahogarecycles.org/north-olmsted.
Find answers to your recycling, disposal and reuse questions by using the “What Do I Do With?” search bar located at the top of every page of at www.CuyahogaRecycles.org. They also offer Recycling FAQs and information on how to recycle properly. Recycle more, recycle better in North Olmsted.
Want to receive monthly updates from the Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District? Sign up for their “Trash Talk” newsletter by clicking here.
Delayed Pick Up Schedule
Collections will be delayed by ONE day during the following weeks:
- New Year’s Day: NO DELAY
Memorial Day: June 3rd to June 4th
- Independence Day: July 8th to July 9th
Labor Day: September 9th to September 10th
Thanksgiving Day: November 25th to November 26th
Christmas Day: NO DELAY
Bulk Waste Collection
Bulk collection dates are as follows:
Permitted for Bulk Collection:
(only 6 total items per household, including trash bags)
- Republic Services picks up on THURSDAY
- BULK WASTE EXAMPLES:
- oversized items such as home furnishings, mattresses (wrapped in plastic & sealed w/heavy duty tape), box springs, TV’s, appliances & other items too large to fit in your refuse containers
- Carpet/Wood of any kind & Boxes must be 4’ lengths or less, tied/bundled, 40lbs or less
- Appliances: doors must be removed
- Toilets: separate tank from bowl
Not Permitted for Bulk Collection:
- Large car parts
- Construction Debris
Contractors are responsible for removal of building materials and debris; these items will NOT be picked up during bulk week.
Others Ways to Dispose of Bulk:
Republic Services offers dumpster and container rentals for the collection and disposal of large quantities of bulk items. Please contact Republic directly at 440-458-5191.
Residents needing to dispose of items before or after the bulk pickup day may take the items to the Lorain County Landfill located at 43502 Oberlin-Elyria Rd., Oberlin. The landfill is open M-F 7:00 – 4:30. All open bed vehicles must be covered with a tarp. Republic Services (440) 774-5037. You may also bring items to the Strongsville Transfer station located at 16099 Foltz Pkwy., Strongsville, call for hours (440) 572-7590. Residents responsible for any costs associated with drop off at these locations, starting at $95.00.
Republic Services Yard Waste Collection Program
2021 schedule: April 1st – November 26th
During the months when yard waste is NOT collected by Republic, it can be placed in plastic bags and put out on Bulk Collection day. Plastic bags are acceptable – brown lawn/leaf bags don’t need to be used because it does not get recycled as yard waste during these months. Yard waste collection will resume in April and at that time, brown lawn/leaf bags will need to be used again.
The Yard Waste Collection Program is a service provided by Republic Services. If you have garbage or recycle collection, bulk pickup and/or yard waste collection questions please call Republic Waste Services at (440) 458-6743.
- Pick up day: THURSDAY
All grass clippings and other yard waste should be placed in brown paper yard bags or a can clearly marked YARD WASTE not to exceed 40 pounds.
Brush and small tree trimmings must be cut, bundled and securely tied not exceeding 4 feet in length or 40 pounds.
Christmas trees will be collected the 2nd & 3rd garbage collection days of January. Artificial, bagged or decorated trees ONLY disposed of on bulk pick up day.
Grass clippings and other yard waste may be placed in trash cart and will be collected with the rubbish materials.
Landscapers and tree services are responsible for removal of any yard waste they generate while working at a residence.
- During December – March, yard waste must be put ONLY in plastic bags for bulk collection.
Simple Recycling Program
SERVICE IS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. PLEASE USE OTHER MEANS FOR DONATION.
SIMPLE RECYCLING CUSTOMER SERVICE: (866) 835-5068 or email@example.com
Simple Recycling Information
Residents can recycle unwanted clothing, shoes, accessories and other household items such as kitchenware, tools, toys, home goods and books.
Step 1: Place items in Simple Recycling provided bags.
Step 2: Leave the filled bags beside your recycling bin on your regular scheduled trash/recycling pick up day.
Step 3: Simple Recycling will pick up and recycle contents for reuse! The driver will leave replenish bag/s that day.
- You can request additional bags by calling Simple Recycling at (866) 835-5068.
- This program is in addition to your current recycling program and is free of charge to North Olmsted residents.
- For a list of acceptable and unacceptable items CLICK HERE