Republic Services Customer Service: (440) 458-3216
PLEASE NOTE CHANGES TO BULK PICK-UP SCHEDULE BELOW
To ensure your Garbage and Recycling materials are collected:
- Place your containers at the curb after 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday night or before 7:00 a.m. on Thursday morning (see delayed schedule below)
- Do not jam or over stuff carts
- Lids must close to ensure pick up
- One Garbage and one Recycling container per household
CURBSIDE GARBAGE COLLECTION:
Place food waste and other trash in the provided 95 gallon blue wheeled cart.
- FOOD WASTE: Items should be drained, wrapped and placed in a plastic bag before placing in garbage cart.
- SHARP ITEMS: Items (broken glass, syringes, etc.) must be placed in a puncture proof container prior to placing in garbage cart.
- NOT PERMITTED: Large car parts, tires, batteries, etc. See our Household Hazardous Waste Collection Information.
CURBSIDE RECYCLING COLLECTION:
Combine cans, cartons, glass, paper and boxes plus plastic bottles and jugs loose (not bagged) in the provided 65 gallon green wheeled cart.
Combine these items in your curbside recycling:
- CANS: Includes all metal food and beverage cans such as pop, beer, soup, vegetable and tuna. Cans should be emptied, rinsed and then recycled.
- CARTONS: Includes milk, juice, soup and broth plus wine cartons. Cartons should be emptied and rinsed. Replace the cap and place in your curbside recycling.
- GLASS: Includes glass food and beverage bottles and jars. Empty, rinse and replace the lid before recycling. You do not need to remove the label.
- PAPER & BOXES: All paper and boxes can be recycled, including newspapers, magazines, junk mail, boxes, greeting cards, cereal boxes, cardboard, phone books and clean pizza boxes. Flatten cardboard items, like cereal boxes, to save space.
- PLASTIC BOTTLES: Any plastic bottle, jar, jug or tub can be placed in your curbside recycling. Recycle plastic food and beverage bottles, cosmetics and personal products, and laundry detergent and bleach bottles. Containers should be emptied and rinsed. Replace the cap and put in your curbside recycling. Not all plastics with the 1-7 symbol are recyclable.
For more details about recycling, visit the Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District at www.CuyahogaRecycles.org or http://www.cuyahogarecycles.org/north-olmsted. Find answers to your recycling, disposal and reuse questions by using the “What Do I Do With?” search bar located at the top of every page of at www.CuyahogaRecycles.org. They also offer Recycling FAQs and information on how to recycle properly. Recycle more, recycle better in North Olmsted.
Delayed Pick Up Schedule
Collections will be delayed by ONE day during the following weeks:
- New Year’s Day: January 3rd to January 4th
Memorial Day: May 30th to May 31st
- Independence Day: July 4th to July 5th
Labor Day: September 5th to September 6th
Thanksgiving Day: November 28th to November 29th
Christmas Day: December 26th to December 27th
Bulk Waste Collection
Starting January 1, 2019, there will be a new BULK pick-up schedule for SOME of North Olmsted residents. There will be a mailer coming from Republic Services ONLY to the those residents impacted. Below is a list of streets and what week each street will be picked up:
Bulk waste includes oversized items such as home furnishings, mattresses, box springs, carpet, appliances and other household items too large to fit in your refuse container.
Items permitted at the curb for bulk waste:
Carpeting-tied & rolled into 4′ lengths
Tables, swing sets, and television sets, etc.
Washers & dryers with doors removed
3-32 gallon cans or 6 bags of trash
Toilets; separate tank from bowl
Not permitted at the curb: large car parts, tires, batteries, etc.
Contractors are responsible for removal of building materials and debris; these items will NOT be picked up during bulk week.
Residents needing to dispose of items before or after the bulk pickup day may take the items to the Lorain County Landfill located at 43502 Oberlin-Elyria Rd., Oberlin. The landfill is open M-F 7:00 – 4:30 and Sat. 7:00 – 11:30. All open bed vehicles must be covered with a tarp. You may also bring items to the Strongsville Transfer station located at 16099 Foltz Pkwy., Strongsville, call for hours (440) 572-7590.
Republic Services offers dumpster and container rentals for the collection and disposal of large quantities of bulk items.
FIRST full week of the month, that starts on Monday
North of and including Lorain – West of and including Stearns
SECOND full week of the month
South of Lorain – East of Stearns
ONCE a month per residence
January 10 & 17
February 7 & 14
March 7 & 14
April 4 & 11
May 9 & 16
June 6 & 13
July 5 & 11
August 8 & 15
September 6 & 12
October 10 & 17
November 7 & 14
December 5 & 12
Republic Services Yard Waste Collection Program
2019 schedule: April 11th – November 28th
During the months when yard waste is NOT collected by Republic, it can be placed in plastic bags and put out on Bulk day. Plastic bags are acceptable and brown lawn/leaf bags don’t need to be used because it does not get recycled as yard waste during these months. Yard waste collection will resume in mid-April 2019 and at that time, brown lawn/leaf bags will need to be used again.
The Yard Waste Collection Program is a service provided by Republic Services. If you have garbage or recycle collection, bulk pickup and/or yard waste collection questions please call Republic Waste Services at (440) 458-3216.
All grass clippings and other yard waste should be placed in brown paper yard bags or a can clearly marked YARD WASTE not to exceed 50 pounds.
Brush and small tree trimmings must be cut, bundled and securely tied not exceeding 4 feet in length or 50 pounds.
Christmas trees will be collected the 2nd & 3rd garbage collection days of January.
Grass clippings and other yard waste may be placed in trash cart and will be collected with the rubbish materials.
Landscapers and tree services are responsible for removal of any yard waste they generate while working at a residence.
Simple Recycling Program
SIMPLE RECYCLING CUSTOMER SERVICE: (866) 835-5068 or email@example.com
Residents can recycle unwanted clothing, shoes, accessories and other household items such as kitchenware, tools, toys, home goods and books.
Step 1: Place items in Simple Recycling provided bags.
Step 2: Leave the filled bags beside your recycling bin on your regular scheduled trash/recycling pick up day.
Step 3: Simple Recycling will pick up and recycle contents for reuse! The driver will leave replenish bag/s that day.
- You can request additional bags by calling Simple Recycling at (866) 835-5068.
- This program is in addition to your current recycling program and is free of charge to North Olmsted residents.
- For a list of acceptable and unacceptable items CLICK HERE