Republic Services Customer Service 440-458-3216
To ensure your Garbage & Recycling materials are collected:
- Place your containers at the curb after 5:00p.m. on Wednesday night or before 7:00a.m. on Thursday morning (see delayed schedule below)
- Do not jam or overstuff carts
- Lids must close to ensure pick up
- One Garbage and One Recycling Container per household.
CURBSIDE GARBAGE COLLECTION:
Place food waste and other trash in the provided 95 gallon blue wheeled cart.
- FOOD WASTE: Should be drained, wrapped and placed in a plastic bag before placing in garbage cart.
- SHARP ITEMS: (broken glass, syringes, etc.) must be placed in a puncture proof container prior to placing in garbage cart.
- NOT PERMITTED: Large car parts, tires, batteries, etc. See our Household Hazardous Waste Collection Information.
CURBSIDE RECYCLING COLLECTION:
Combine cans, cartons, glass, paper and boxes plus plastic bottles and jugs loose (not bagged) in the provided 65 gallon green wheeled cart.
Combine these items in your curbside recycling:
- CANS: Includes all metal food and beverage cans such as pop, beer, soup, vegetable, and tuna. Cans should be emptied, rinsed, and then recycled.
- CARTONS: Includes milk, juice, soup and broth plus wine cartons. Cartons should be emptied and rinsed. Replace the cap and place in your curbside recycling.
- GLASS: Includes glass food and beverage bottles and jars. Empty, rinse and replace the lid before recycling. You do not need to remove the label.
- PAPER & BOXES: All paper and boxes can be recycled, including newspapers, magazines, junk mail, boxes, greeting cards, cereal boxes, cardboard, phone books and clean pizza boxes. Flatten cardboard items, like cereal boxes, to save space.
- PLASTIC BOTTLES: Any plastic bottle, jar, jug or tub can be placed in your curbside recycling. Recycle plastic food and beverage bottles, cosmetics and personal products, and laundry detergent and bleach bottles. Containers should be emptied and rinsed. Replace the cap and put in your curbside recycling.Not all plastics with the 1-7 symbol are recyclable. See the chart below.
The Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District offers a recycling and disposal search engine for all residents of Cuyahoga County. Find answers to your recycling, disposal and reuse questions by using the “What Do I Do With?” search bar located at the top of every page of at www.CuyahogaRecycles.org.
Delayed Pick Up Schedule
Collections will be delayed by ONE day during the following weeks:
- New Year’s Day (observed): January 2nd – delayed one day
Memorial Day: May 29th – delayed one day
Labor Day: September 4th – delayed one day
Thanksgiving Day: November 23rd – delayed one day
Christmas Day: December 25th – delayed one day
Bulk Waste Collection
Bulk waste day is the same day as your trash collection and is always during the first FULL week of the month.
Bulk waste includes oversized items such as home furnishings, mattresses, box springs, carpet, appliances and other household items too large to fit in your refuse container.
Items permitted at the curb for bulk waste:
Carpeting-tied & rolled into 4′ lengths
Tables, swing sets, and television sets, etc.
Washers & dryers with doors removed
3-32 gallon cans or 6 bags of trash
Toilets; separate tank from bowl
Not permitted at the curb: large car parts, tires, batteries, etc.
Contractors are responsible for removal of building materials & debris; these items will NOT be picked up during bulk week.
Republic Services offers special pickups at a cost to the home owner. For arrangements call Republic Services at 440-458-3216. Republic Services offers dumpster and container rentals for the collection and disposal of large quantities of bulk items.
Week of January 2nd
Week of February 6th
Week of March 6th
Week of April 3rd
Week of May 1st
Week of June 5th
September 8th (delayed one day this week)
Republic Services Yard Waste Collection Program
April 10th – November 30th on THURSDAYS ONLY
The Yard Waste Collection Program is a service provided by Republic Services. If you have garbage or recycle collection, bulk pickup, and/or yard waste collection questions please call Republic Waste Services at 440-458-3216.
All grass clippings & other yard waste should be placed in brown paper yard bags or a can clearly marked YARD WASTE not to exceed 50 pounds
Brush & small tree trimmings must be cut, bundled & securely tied not exceeding 4 feet in length or 50 pounds
Christmas trees will be collected the 1st & 2nd garbage collection days of January
Grass Clippings & other yard waste may be placed in trash cart & will be collected with the rubbish materials
Landscapers & tree services are responsible for removal of any yard waste they generate while working at a residence.
Simple Recycling Program
SIMPLE RECYCLING CUSTOMER SERVICE: 866-835-5068 or email@example.com
Residents can recycle unwanted clothing, shoes, accessories and other household items such as kitchenware, tools, toys, homegoods and books.
Step 1: Place items in Simple Recycling provided bags.
Step 2: Leave the filled bags beside your recycling bin on your regular scheduled trash/recycling pick up day.
Step 3: Simple Recycling will pick up and recycle contents for reuse! The driver will leave replenish bag/s that day.
- You can request additional bags by calling Simple Recycling at 866-835-5068
- This program is in addition to your current recycling program and is free of charge to North Olmsted residents.
- For a list of Acceptable and UN-Acceptable items CLICK HERE