What is the Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District or CCSWD for short?
The Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District is the public agency helping the people of Cuyahoga County reduce, reuse and recycle at home, at work and in their communities. We serve as the leading resource in the County for information, expertise and programs that support sustainable materials management and reduce the environmental impact of waste.
Visit www.CuyahogaRecycles.org or call 216.443.3749 to learn how to recycle in your community and discover other recycling and disposal options.
Want to learn more about Recycling in Cuyahoga County? Watch these short videos: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cuyahoga+recycles
Resolving to Recycle Right in 2019
Welcome 2019! What is your resolution for the new year? If you made a resolution to recycle better and recycle right, we have some good tips to help you get started:
• Create less waste. REDUCE the amount of items you buy or use. Skip the straw. Store some clean containers in your car to use for leftovers at your favorite restaurant. Ask yourself if you really need an item or what will happen to it when you are finished with it.
• Stock up on items that you can REUSE over and over again. Buy glass bowls or containers for packing lunches. Use a refillable mug at a quick beverage store.
• RECYCLE only the correct items in curbside recycling, including cans, cartons, glass bottles and jars, paper and boxes plus plastic bottles and jugs. Putting the wrong items in your curbside mix (wish-cycling) can cause high contamination rates at the recycling plant and turns into more items going to the landfill.
What Do I Do With?… Shredded Paper
Shredded paper should not be placed in your curbside recycling. The pieces are too small to be sorted properly at the recycling facility and will end up in the trash. Instead, ensure they are recycled by placing them in paper bags and recycling at a Paper Retriever or River Valley drop off bin. Learn more.
Learn More About Workplace Recycling
Our staff can help businesses, organizations and nonprofits find answers to questions about:
• the cost of waste disposal;
• service contracts;
• waste reduction in facilities;
• how to start a workplace recycling program;
• commercial composting.
Did your business/organization recycle in 2018? Your recycling information is needed. Please use this link to complete the Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District’s Business Recycling Survey.
Super Bowl Party? Join the Winning Team By Recycling
The big game is coming! The NFL playoffs quickly lead us to the biggest U.S. sporting event of the year. The Super Bowl (and the parties that accompany it) generate a lot of trash. Be prepared to tackle waste and recycling during football’s main event on Sunday, February 3. Learn how to reduce, reuse and recycle at your next big party or event.