The Division of Engineering within the Department of Planning and Development gives advice to City officials, boards and commissions, residents, and the development community on issues pertaining to engineering, zoning, and building. Staff prepares preliminary plans, layouts, estimates or reports concerning any public improvements contemplated by the City. Staff also makes recommendations regarding the engineering features of dedication plans, utility plans and all aspects of private development plans.
The Division of Engineering on occasions also performs the following services:
- Prepares plans, profiles, specifications, and estimates of cost of every kind for public improvements.
- Serves as the authorized representative of the City and supervise the execution of public works undertaken by the City.
- Furnishes to City officials plans, specifications and estimates of the costs of public improvements for the guidance of the City’s decision makers and for the information and guidance of other persons dealing with the City.
- Provides monthly reports of the progress of improvements under its charge.
- Provides engineering services to any department of the City or official.
- Prepares grant applications for County, State, and/or Federal programs.