Violations Bureau Hours of Operation
9:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday – Friday
A Payment Drop Box is located at the North Olmsted Police Department. The payment will be forwarded to the Court clerks the next business day. Allow 48-72 hours for processing.
View Docket and Online Ticket Payment
Please note: Select North Olmsted. Search the docket is by name. Click on underlined name to be directed to payment screen.
The North Olmsted Mayor’s Court is located inside North Olmsted City Hall and is in session most Thursdays at 5:00 pm. Court dates are subject to change due to holidays. Please call to confirm or check schedule. If you were issued a citation, your scheduled appearance date and time appears in the lower right corner of the citation and your appearance in court is mandatory if the officer has indicated personal appearance is required. If the citation is marked as waiver-able, you may avoid appearance in court by signing the waiver form and paying the fine and costs based on the waiver schedule prior to your scheduled court date.
Payment of Fines and Costs
Please note that all fines and court costs are due on the date you appear in court (if not waiver-able and paid in advance). Checks or money orders made payable to North Olmsted Mayor’s Court may be mailed in the envelope provided at the traffic stop. The Court accepts online payment of waiver-able tickets via Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. Online payments are subject to a 3.50% service fee (debit or credit) with a minimum fee of $0.50. Please see waiver schedule for any additional information.
Non-moving violations, first and second moving violations offenses within one year and certain criminal offenses are considered “waiver-able” through the traffic violation bureau. You may, until 4:00 pm on your scheduled court date, plead guilty to the offense(s) charged and dispose of the case without a court appearance.
Payments can be made by mail to the Violations Bureau at:
5200 Dover Center Road, North Olmsted Ohio 44070
Or pay online using the Docket and Online Ticket Payment link above.
Other violations REQUIRE a personal appearance. These include but are not limited to any indictable offense.
1. Operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
2. Offenses resulting in an injury accident.
3. Reckless driving: exceeding the speed limit by more than 30 miles per hour, 20 miles per hour in a school zone.
4. Leaving the scene of an accident.
5. Driving while under suspension or revocation of driver’s or commercial driver’s license.
6. Driving without being licensed to drive, except where the driver’s or commercial driver’s license has been expired 6 months or less.
7. A third moving traffic offense within 12 months.
8. Passing a standing school bus.
9. Willfully eluding or fleeing a police officer.
10. Drag racing.
11. All First, Second, Third and Fourth Degree Misdemeanor charges.
12. Wrongful Entrustment.
If you have any further questions concerning court appearances or have been cited for more than one violation, please call (440) 716-4156 between the hours of 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. (Closed Holidays)